Thursday, June 30, 2005

it's the heat

I have not been blogging much. It's too hot. 98 degrees today with no end in sight. I'm working hard on my rehab project. Framing is nearly complete. Windows are being wrapped up today and tomorrow. HVAC rough in begins next week. Then plumbing and electrical rough ins to follow. I still need to install the cement board in the kitchen and bathrooms and repoint the basement walls. We have set aside time next weekend to shop for tile, cabinets, light fixtures and other decorative elements. So much to do. So little energy to do it.

The timing of the completion of the project, the baby coming, putting our house up for sale, moving next door, etc. is like a perfect storm. It's looming in the distance and it could be a disaster of epic proportions. Nothing to do about it now but put my nose to the grindstone and hope for the best. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

LMR said...

Great to hear from you, Mike. I am in the same boat. Well, not really. Your boat is on much more varied seas than mine, but I feel hot, bothered, and distracted and haven't been blogging either. The good news is that Les is down here permanently and we believe the house in MI is truly s-o-l-d! Things are all coming together!

I had just managed to squirrel nearly everything away at the house when Les and Justin (21 year old nephew who graciously helped Les pack up the house, sell stuff, and get down here) arrived and it now looks like a bomb has gone off again. Ah, well! They might be heading down to Florida for the weekend/next week, so it looks like I'll have a chance to get things put away again.