Monday, August 15, 2005

Computer Insurance

I had a small problem in that there was a power surge and my hard drive seized. I lost everything. Pretty much 4 years worth of photos and thousands of songs that I only had in a digital format. I have now purchased a new, larger harddrive and a DVD burner so I can store everything on a couple of discs as well as a battery backup to avoid this problem again in the future. Just a bit of advice for y'all...back up your data. It too can happen to you.

It's going to take me awhile to get back up to speed and upload a bunch of cd's again. The one silver lining is that this happened before the baby came. I will now be better prepared and not lose all of my son's baby pictures due to some randomn surge in power on my street.

1 comment:

LMR said...

Wow, that totally sucks! Sorry to hear that that happened to you. Les and I were just looking at getting some sort of Mac. Mac has a program where you pay $99 a year and have various benefits, including space online where you can back up your whole hard-drive on a regular basis. That alone seemed worth the yearly price. I have no idea how backed-up our stuff is!

Good luck with your new project. :(