Wednesday, January 03, 2007

faves

Happy New Year! 2007 is going to be the year that comes before 2008 and after 2006!! You can be sure of that.

I'm working on my year end mix cd. I've done it for the last 4 or 5 years. It's probably geeky, but I enjoy it and subject my friends to it. The thing I find hard to believe is how many titles I put on my year end favorites list that I don't see on other lists. I listen to podcasts, read magazines, etc where critics list their favorites and see a lot less duplication than I would expect.

I'm not sure if critics are being honest with themselves or if my taste is too mainstream. Then again I see a lot of major label titles on the top lists that just don't interest me in the least.

This year I'm picking songs from albums by Jenny Watson, Band of Horses, Ray LaMontagne, Cat Power and Tapes n' Tapes among others. Once I finalize the list and order of songs I'll publish a link here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long are you going to work in your basement laboratory on this mix? Your mix fans are waiting in earnest, dammit!

-Jim Nabors