Sunday, September 07, 2008

toddler photo's

My brother and his wife along with their 2 young boys stayed with us for a couple of days. There were plenty of events to keep them busy but one of the most memorable was a photo project we did. We bought 3 disposable cameras and gave them to the 3 boys. Two of them are 3 years old and one is 5 and a half. We dropped the cameras off to get developed the day before they left so they were able to take home a mini photo album of their work.

A couple of things you notice while looking at the pictures. 1) Their perspective is so low. You forget that they see the world from a much lower vantage point than adults. 2) People behave differently to a 3 year old photographer. Many people, myself included, run from a camera. However, when a toddler is snapping shots you feel comfortable acting goofy thereby providing images that wouldn't otherwise be captured. 3) I love digital cameras. They are so convenient, but film is much more magical. The cheap disposables actually leak a lot of light giving you wonderfully unpredictable shots.

I'm not posting any pictures containing faces in order to protect the innocent, but trust me when I say that there are some special shots that really capture some people I love. Here are the best of the rest.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful photos!
I actually miss that click-wind sound of a disposable camera.

*Le-sigh*