This list is not in any particular order. It's just a list of weird things that make me happy.
1. Getting my son out of his crib in the morning. That smile lasts me the whole day.
2. My Wife. She totally rules.
3. Ted Drewe's Big Apple concrete
4. Random coincidences
5. Television. This heading includes all of my favorite shows, tv shows on dvd (Freaks & Geeks) and my DVR which records everything I want to watch.
6. Otis Redding. Most soulful male voice ever.
7. Being from Detroit.
8. Euro Pez
9. My iPod on shuffle. It's like a really great mix cd every time. I love the new juxtupositions of old faves.
11. Dwell Magazine
12. The idea of guitar shaped pools. In reality they probably aren't as great though.
13. The Hard Lessons.
14. Jay Ryan gigposters
16. Willie Nelson's "Spirit". Great "post breakup" album. (ie. I'm Not Trying to Forget You Anymore)
17. Joe Versus the Volcano. "I know he can get the job, but can he do the job?"
20. Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly)
21. "The" bands (The White Stripes, The Hard Lessons, The Who, The Kinks, The Band, The New York Dolls, The Shins...)
22. Milky Way midnight minis
23. John C. Reilly
25. Tilly & the Wall
26. Ferdinand the Bull by Munro Leaf
27. Tim Russert
28. Seeing a great movie in the theater.
30. Snopes.com for debunking urban legends
31. Pepsi Vanilla
32. Marlo Thomas
33. Supporting friends in their artistic endeavors
*This is an ongoing list and will have to be completed with future installments.
A proposal for a DCResidentCulturePass in DC
5 hours ago