Monday, February 14, 2005

Pressure Point

Rehab: I've attended a few conferences, several classes and meetings about preserving the city of St. Louis. When I say preserving I am referring to both the buildings and quality of life. I've decided that people in St. Louis need to get out more. Maybe I can arrange a giant field trip. STL has a lot of things going for it, but longtime residents, and I don't believe this is unique to STL, tend to see the negative or see slow progress as no progress. I've lived in STL for 3.5 years now and the city that I know has changed drastically in that time for the better. I hear call into radio show listeners prefacing their statements by saying "I realize that Saint Louis is one of the most segregated cities in America, but..." Are you crazy. You know how segregation works in many cities? Blacks in the city and whites in the county. We could use a little more crossover between north and south city, but things are not as desperate as some would have you believe. We need to continue making progress there is no doubt. There is a solid base to work from, however, thanks to the good residents of the city of Saint Louis, MO.

Now if the city would just stop knocking down the buildings to make parking garages we'd really have something!

Music: That woman that plays sax for The Zutons is one crazy dancer! Saw her on Conan O'Brien. I'm a little worried about her stability. Awoo Hoo Hoo.

Baby: Jen's belly is getting a little pooched out. The baby is like the size of a grain of rice right now so it isn't that it's getting that big. Apparently the poochiness is due to the fact that her uterus is just preparing itself to grow. I've got to start taking pictures. Then we can do a flip book after it's all over. ; )

For Valentines Day I bought Jen a little baby outfit that has a tattoo heart on the front that says MOM. Our baby will look like a little longshoreman, but I'll love it anyway.

No comments: